When it comes to designing your contemporary kitchen, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to achieve the true modern look that will stay in style for years to come.
Think of your dream kitchen as crisp, clean, warm and inviting; today’s kitchens are all about efficiency, organisation, and functionality. With this in mind, our latest article here at New Kitchens Ltd runs through some of the essential ingredients to a vast majority of modern kitchen interior design – use this as a handy guide and, when you’re ready to get the kitchen of your dreams rolling, give us a call!
- Integrated Colour Scheme: Choose a combination of pale block colours that are punctuated with bold colours. For example, cream cabinets accented with dark walls, or dark handles. You could also contrast the colours by having one wall of cupboards in cream, and the opposite wall in a dark grey or beige.
- Lighting: Soft lighting such as recessed spot lighting will create a warm and inviting space.
- Brushed Chrome Fittings and Accessories: These could include cupboard and drawer handles, faucets, hooks and hangers and chairs.
- Soft Wood Tones and Hues: If you are going to choose wood for your contemporary kitchen design, go for soft wood tones to make the space as light and airy as possible.
- Stainless Steel: Instead of looking cold and sterile, new stainless steel appliances are designed with home use in mind. They are easy to maintain, are aesthetically pleasing and do not affect the flavour of foods. They also boast a long life span.
- A Place for Everything: Contemporary kitchen designs are free of clutter and, as such, there are spaces and cupboards for everything, from recipe books to special occasion dishes.
- Natural Light: If you have windows, consider creating a mini-solarium, with a variety of plants. This is a great way to grow fresh herbs, and even vegetables such as tomatoes, lettuce or beans.
- Built-in Ranges: These help to create more space, and are especially beneficial if your kitchen is small. Some people actually purchase more than one range, particularly if they entertain a lot, or have large families.
- Centre Islands: These can be stationary or moveable. This is the perfect place for the sink, and the top can have a built-in space for a cutting board.
If you are just not sure of what design or features would look good in your home, our associates can help. We will discuss your needs, budget and ideas to come up with a unique design that you are sure to love.
We have everything you need in order to create your perfect kitchen. Our installers are both knowledgeable and professional. They will ensure that everything is installed to your utmost satisfaction, including all electrical work if necessary. We maintain the highest of standards and adhere to all local building codes and laws.
Call us today and find out how we can help you create the kitchen of your dreams. We have a wide variety of brands and price ranges to make sure you get exactly what you want.